Family & Divorce Mediators Serving Barron County, WI
Barron County Divorce Mediation & Parenting Coordinator Services
Divorce mediation services can be arranged during all phases of the divorce process. Our divorce mediators primarily help couples through separation, divorce and post-decree issues and assist the break-up of their marriage and re-structuring of their family unit.
For clients who choose to complete the divorce process without the assistance of an attorney/attorneys, we are able to draft the required legal documents for you to take to your county's Clerk's Office for filing. This will save you both money and time vs. hiring lawyers to draft the legal documents for you.
Mediation Services in Barron County, Wisconsin
Mediation is an alternative dispute resolution (ADR) used in Barron County for people going through a divorce. It involves a neutral third party who encourages and facilitates negotiation. Mediation is a voluntary process in which parties to a divorce or parenting situation, with the help of a Mediator, reach mutually acceptable agreements to resolve the dispute. Mediation is becoming an increasingly popular means of solving conflict within the world of divorce. Mediation enables the parties to settle their disputes with the help of an impartial mediator in a time effective, flexible, confidential process much less expensive than litigation.
Why Meditation is Beneficial
There are various benefits of mediation that make it a desirable alternative to expensive and lengthy litigation:
- Cost-effective – The process does not require standardized claims, procedures or discovery of documents. It streamlines the divorce process, which means less spending by the parties.
- Before and during litigation – The method can occur before or during proceedings – even while the case is in court.
- Lawyers – though not the norm, parties may include their legal representatives in the mediation process if everyone agrees having them present will help.
- Prompt – The short lead-in time allows parties to come to mediation quicker than if they litigated in court with attorneys.
- Private Settlement – Everything discussed in mediation is confidential, with the only thing coming out of the process are the parenting and financial agreements reached.
- Binding – Parties can look for many different possible ways to a settlement without the process being binding. Though mediation is not binding, it is the preferred method of achieving a settlement.
- Ongoing relationships – The process provides a potent opportunity to preserve and develop the relationship between the parties post-mediation.
Why choose us
Here at CEL & Associates in Barron County, Wisconsin, we prioritize understanding your situation and resolving your issues in a time and cost efficient manner. We believe solving our client’s legal matters begins with a thorough knowledge of our client’s unique circumstances. The people who trust us with their future deserve to work with professionals who are invested in their situation. That is part of why we are not your typical mediation practice that only works from 9 to 5. At CEL & Associates, we make ourselves available to our client’s day and night or whenever you need us.